Monday, December 22, 2008

Zachary Update 12-22-2008

He's looking much better today definately has more energy. Fought like normal when adjusting his CPAP this morning. He's on 40% oxygen and I'm guessing that's because he had 1 prong out all monring till I saw it and had the nurse help fix it. Hopefully it's not from him getting sick because his lungs filling up can cause that too.

I was there during rounds this morning and they're taking him off the diuretics and sodium and seeing how he does with the echo tomorrow. They're going to give another round of lasics too that they hope will close the PDA. The doctor stated they may have to make him worse to see what's the best course to make him better in the long run. I really don't want to see that o.O but I understand the situation we're in and they really don't have much choice it's either that or surgery and they're trying to prevent surgery if at all possible.

So I'll have more to give updates on tomorrow and we'll see.

S

No comments: