Wednesday, January 7, 2009

01-07-09 Zach update #2

Mr. Zachary definately does not like shots or eye exams. I'm still at the hospital with him been here since around 7:45am. He did well at his 12pm feeding but I'm guessing the shots hadn't started affecting him yet. He had them right before 12 pm. So I'd hoped they weren't going to be bad. I showed up for his 6 pm feeding and he didn't look well at all so I figured I would just hold him and not try to breastfeed. I didn't know he's had his eye exam or his eyes dialated so when I picked him up he started bradying badly it got so bad several nurses had to give blow by supplemental oxygen. We finally got him stable and his nurse found out he'd just had his eye exam and was very apologetic. Babies always destat a lot after exams that plus his shots were to much for him. So basically he can' t even stand to be moved right now normally holding him helps but he's just not able to tolerate being moved. So I'm hanging out with mr mansy till he's more stable. He's brady'd many times since that inital one and he's going to be exhausted tomorrow but hopefully he'll feel better and the shots will have worn off.

4 comments:

Christina~ said...

I am glad he is gaining and doing well, sucks he didn't like his shots, but he has been a fighter this far, he will get there. I pray for you guys every day :)

Unknown said...

What shots? Please tell me they're not immunizing him already?!

Zelexis Wellings said...

2 months shots ... they don't go by gestational age for shots they go by from birth and on just like a normal baby.

I asked about that trust me.

We had a very rough 24 hours where I stayed there and kept him from completly stopping his heart beat and breathing. It happened several times throughout the evening and night dunno what would have happened if I was there to revive him. The nurses were often busy with other babies. That floor isn't meant for acute care so there are more babies to nurses than on the other floor.

Anyhew we weathered it and he's back to normal .. if not better :) His oxygen has been down around 28% all day today which is awesome.

Unknown said...

Don't allow anymore immunizations until he's much older. Of course that's what made him sick. They pumped him full of chemicals! I can't believe they do that to preemies!!! Remember, he's just a number to the medical community. You are entitled to refuse them inserting that garbage directly into his veins until he's several months old and completely healthy.