Monday, June 29, 2009

Zachary Update 6-29-2009

Hi all thought I'd do another update since he had a doctor's appointment last week.

He's offically 14 lbs and officially hitting the full-term growth chart.. He's about 10% in for head circumference, 5% for length and 1% for weight. This boy is a great eater and doesn't have the nickname "beefcake" for nothing. He's gestationally 5 months actually 8 months.

I had to swap out his clothes to the 6-9 months size today and he's fitting perfectly the 6 mo. He grows any more and he'll be onto the next set already o.O. That drives me nuts I think I can wait a little longer and make his clothes last .. and BAM .. already almost getting tight lol. He's a growing weed.

He's doing better with his trying to crawl but still can't quite do it. He's kinda scoots around (pivots) but he's definately improving. He really enjoys scooting backwards in his walker and is sometimes (by accident) going forward. He's getting better at chewing on toys but still prefers fingers :). Today was the first time I've ever seen him take any signifcant amount from a bottle, a whole 3 ounces! That for him is a miracle. Ever since I introduced the sippy cup (one for 3 mo + where they kinda have to suck to get it out) he's been doing really well. He likes the sippy cup and does well with it. So I switched to fast nipples with the bottle and bam he's doing a lot better with it now. I can't say he'd always do well with it but we can hope :). Only problem is he will still only take a significant amount from the bottle from me and still gulps lots of air.

I'd like to say his Dtap shot last week went well but all I can say is it went "better" than last time. I don't think if I was sitting in the back with him if he'd of done so well. I had to stimulate him the whole way home to keep him breathing. Once I got him home and held him he was good. After 12 hours he was nearly back to normal just sleeping a lot. So not as scary as last time but still my poor kids just don't do well.

Zach has started doing something new which is just so cute and funny he started crying like he wanted something yesterday so Andy was holding him on his lap. As soon as Zach got to face the keyboard /monitor he started playing on the keyboard making the charc run around/jump etc. Just getting all excited and stopped crying immediately. Well Andy went to put him in his bouncer chair and he started wailing again .. Andy picks him back up and sure enough he starts using his fingers quite accurately on the jump/space bar then movement keys and starts laughing and happy noises. I just had to get video of it. If I find a decent place to upload it I'll post it for you all it's just too funny. He started playing on my keyboard about 1-2 weeks ago, at first I thought he was just liking the clickyness of the keys. But then I noticed he kept looking up at the monitor to see if it had any effect on my character in WoW lol. So now that's all he wants to do when he's in the office with us. I don't know too many 5 months old that want to play so badly in WoW .. it's kinda .. funny/weird etc. I was concerned too becuase I don't want him to have too much exposure to computers lol but well he wants what he wants. I guess the colors and key movements could be good for his reactions lol. He really does seek out certain keys on the keyboard this kid is sharp as a tack!

I'm going to upload a bunch of photos.. I've been lagging behind on the uploads :P
So overall other than some slight anemia he's doing well. Most of his labs have cleared up so well we won't need to get any more labs for those things. We just need to keep an eye on the iron now.

So hope you all are going to have a wonderful Fourth of July!

Sarah

No comments: